Blonde Janet

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hello, and welcome to my first ever blog. It turned out to be much easier than I thought, but whether I'll ever say anything interesting remains to be seen.

I have been prompted to start this blog because I have just managed to sit through The Da Vinci Crud without leaving and I'm rather proud of myself. Having a beer in the sun would have been so much more pleasurable, but sometimes you have to suffer for a few hours in order to take the moral high ground later...

Yes, it really was as crud as I was expecting. The only saving grace was Sir Ian's skill at maintaining a semblence of character realisation whilst plainly revelling in the knowledge of just how poor the script, production and general quality of acting was. God bless 'im!

All for now. Speak soon,
Janet

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I didn't go and see it, thanks to the reviews of people like Eyan and Cris. I have just read the book though, and it's... a way to pass the time. Interesting. I suspects also quite predictable as far as the plot twists go. I never guess who did it, but I don't try.

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Fat Roland said…

    Ian McKellen is brilliant in the Da Vinci Code. If you want to see a true McKellen acting class, watch Gods And Monsters.

    Welcome to the world of blogging, Janet. I shall bookmark you alongside Ben, Matt, Jules, Sarah, Dan and someone called James whose identity I'm uncertain of but he seems to know a lot of Sanctus people.

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger Julesy said…

    Hi Janet. Like Sarah, I've been put off seeing the film. I read the book many moons ago though, so that should help me tmrw when our Tues group attends the Cathedral's Da Vinci Mass.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home