Blonde Janet

Monday, July 17, 2006

What joy - a Church with a real ale festival! That's my kind of Church.

The only problem was that they ran out of beer. This seems to be a regularly occurring phenomenon these days. Time and time again we read of beer running out at beer festivals. Why might this be? I have some suggestions:

1. Real ale is becoming less associated with beer bellies, beards and naff t-shirts. People are no longer afraid to be seen at a beer festival and will thus attend.

2. CAMRA's campaign is working. The profile of this great piece of British heritage is slowly being re-discovered, thus more people are drinking the stuff.

3. Women are now able to drink beer without fear of stigma. This is both a negative and positive thing. It is a positive thing because beer-drinking is a suitable past-time for women and I'm glad I'm not the only female at beer festivals anymore. HOWEVER - I have recently started having to QUEUE for the loo at such events. Also, a small dress and big grin no longer gets me a pint for the price of a half!

Might there be other reasons I have yet to think of?

2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Myn said…

    Curse the new fairer world of equal opportunities...How often did small dress + big smile = cut price beer anyway? And was it worth it when divided by the frequency of being referred to as little lady?

     
  • At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmm.. not noticed this trend...

    Is it just beer festivals that you attend that run out?

    Not that I'm implying anything of course....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home